Do’s and Don’ts to Keep in Mind When Donating
Unfortunately, we have no way to pickup items. We give the items to those in need and so cannot afford the cost of home pickups. We are not a thrift store. We are filling orders for the most essential items requested by clients through their social workers. We do appreciate you taking a minute to clean and/or fix items before donating. PLEASE do not leave items when we are not open. Weather, rodents and bugs can get inside bags and it costs us hundreds of dollars per dumpster to dispose of them. Please help us save precious dollars so that we can put that money towards helping our clients.
Where to Take Things We Don’t Accept
We welcome your basic furniture, home, baby and clothing items that will go to local people in need. We are filling their orders for basic items. We are not a thrift store and have no way to distribute or process decorative or fancy items. Please note: during this time of Covid, all donations (with the exception of clothing or soft goods donations only) must be scheduled. Clothing and soft goods donations may be made Tuesday – Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 2:45 pm. Please call 866-947-4360 to book a time for other items.
Please click here for a list of items that we accept as donations.
Many clients live in 2nd or 3rd floor walk up apartments, so very large furniture will not be a good fit.
- Twin, Full, Queen, large hotel donations of mattresses, futon sets or frames, toddler beds, and trundles, cots.
- We accept sofas, sleep sofas, dressers, love-seats.
- No used toys, pictures, baskets, wall hangings, serving dishes, wine glasses or dress clothing.
- No decorations, wall pictures and frames, knick-knacks, desks, drop side cribs, TVs, computers, outdated electronics like cassette players
- No large furniture that will not fit in a minivan (e.g., hutches, entertainment centers), baskets, wine glasses, candles or candle holders, file cabinets, office furniture, sports gear, athletic equipment or cleats
- Nothing that requires any installation including light fixtures and wall shelving, window blinds, valences, curtains or custom fit goods,
- No used dirty trash cans, toilet brushes, plungers, nothing under $5 in value, nothing dirty.
- NO KINGS, PLATFORM BEDS, CAPTAINS BEDS, WATER BEDS, HOSPITAL BEDS.
- No furniture with tears, stains, missing pieces.
- We accept clean casual clothes, shoes, coats, belts, bras, socks, and baby clothing.
- We appreciate it when clothing is donated during the season when it is needed. For example, winter coats, hats, gloves, boots during the winter season, and shorts during the summer season.
- NO USED UNDERWEAR (but we will take gently used bras and socks)
- HOWEVER, WE WILL ACCEPT CLOTHING, SHEETS, BEDDING, TOWELS AND SHOES THAT ARE NOT IN GOOD SHAPE TO SELL TO A RECYCLER!
- PLEASE PUT THESE CLOTHING, BEDDING AND SHOE ITEMS IN A SEPARATE BAG AND LABEL THE BAG AS “RECYCLE” WHICH WILL SAVE US THE STEP OF OPENING AND REVIEWING EACH ITEM IN THE BAG.
Kitchen Items, Tables and Dinette Sets
- We welcome complete sets, single tables, and sets or pairs of chairs (must be sturdy and fully functional).
- If it only needs paint or a screw, please consider doing that before donating.
- Dishes, small bowls, drinking glasses, silverware.
- Pots, pans, can openers, utensils, baking pans, large knives, casserole dishes.
- NO LARGE HUTCHES OR CHINA CABINETS. NO SINGLE CHAIRS OR SEWING MACHINES.
- NO SINGLE DISHES, NO DIRTY ITEMS, NO WINE GLASSES, NO TUPPERWARE TYPE USED ITEMS.
- We welcome clean sheets, comforters (not down), quilts, blankets, towels (worn is okay), shower curtains, new shower liners.
- It is very helpful to us if bedding and window curtains are labeled with size.
- NO DUVET COVERS, DOWN COMFORTERS, NO USED SHOWER CURTAIN LINERS, VALENCES, CURTAINS, MINI-BLINDS, NO PLACE MATS AND NAPKINS, NO DIRTY ITEMS, OR ITEMS USED BY PETS (unless they are to be recycled, then please place them in a separate bag labeled “recycled”)
Appliances (All Sizes)
- We accept air conditioners (in summer), heaters (in winter), fans, lamps, microwaves (we never have enough of these), coffee makers, clocks, clock radios, irons, toaster ovens, toasters, blenders, food processors
- NO CHANDELIERS, CEILING FANS, WALL SCONCES, NO BUILT IN MICROWAVES.
- We DO NOT Accept refrigerators and electric stoves.
Baby Items, Gear
- We accept car seats (less than three years old from manufacture date for infants and less than five years old from manufacture date for toddlers), boosters, changing tables, Pak-n-Plays, strollers, combo-strollers, diapers new or open packs, high-chairs, bouncy seats, swings, monitors, bottles, unopened and unexpired formula.
- NO DROP-SIDE CRIBS. NO CAR SEATS OLDER THAN FOUR YEARS.
- We welcome working game systems, MP3/4s, walk-mans, boom boxes and DVD players.
- If it is current and useful with today’s media, we can take it.
- NO CONSOLE OR PROJECTION TVS.
- NO HOME COMPUTERS OR MONITORS.
- NO OUTDATED ELECTRONICS.